School open as normal Tuesday 20th March.
Welcome to Our School!
Rednal Hill Junior School comes under the umbrella of Birmingham local authority. It is situated on the south western border of the city close to the Lickey Hills at Longbridge. The area has a strong history with car manufacture although much of the original site has now been developed with a new technology park, housing and amenities.
The school was built in 1952 and has three forms of entry from Year 3 to Year 6. It offers full wrap-around care from 7.30am until 6 pm each day. The building provides access to the full range of curriculum needs and has its own purpose built dining and refreshment area. Good use is made of spacious grounds which provide ample scope for sport and recreation. Included in the grounds are a vegetable garden with woodland walk, pond and science area.
If you require a paper copy of any of the information on our school website please see the school office.
The process of applying for Free School Meals at Rednal Hill Junior School is clear and straightforward and may be done online or via Mrs Billingsley in the School Office. Parents/Carers need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (from the National Asylum Support Service)
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals are available at Rednal Hill Juniors to pupils whose parent/guardian successfully completes the online application, using the above link.
If you are having difficulty completing your application, please speak with a member of staff in the School Office.
New Year 2 intake
Posted: Jun 24, 2017 by: Robert Jones (admin) on: Headteacher's Blog
We have been running more transition opportunities this year with the infants to aid transition. There are opportunities for parents to come and meet the Junior Team on the 5th of July. Letters have already gone out.
Latest Newsround stories
- Daniel Bryan cleared to return to WWE in-ring action
Wrestling legend Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return to in-ring action almost three ye…
- Dan and DJ are part of a football club for Down's Syndrome players
Dan's a striker and DJ's a goalie. They both play in City in the Community - a club run by Mancheste…
- It's International Happiness Day! What makes you happy?
On International Day of Happiness, we've been asking what makes you happy. Here's what some of you h…
- Meet George, the 99-year-old swimmer attempting to set new world record
He's attempting to swim the 50 metre freestyle in the fastest ever time for people of his age catego…
- Meet Louis, the gorilla with swagger
He doesn't walk like a normal gorilla - but on his hind legs, like a human! Check out the video.