Welcome to Our School!
Rednal Hill Junior School comes under the umbrella of Birmingham local authority. It is situated on the south western border of the city close to the Lickey Hills at Longbridge. The area has a strong history with car manufacture although much of the original site has now been developed with a new technology park, housing and amenities.
The school was built in 1952 and has three forms of entry from Year 3 to Year 6. It offers full wrap-around care from 7.30am until 6 pm each day. The building provides access to the full range of curriculum needs and has its own purpose built dining and refreshment area. Good use is made of spacious grounds which provide ample scope for sport and recreation. Included in the grounds are a vegetable garden with woodland walk, pond and science area.
If you require a paper copy of any of the information on our school website please see the school office.
Year 6 celebration assembly
Posted: Jul 17, 2017 by: Robert Jones (admin) on: Headteacher's Blog
Year 6 celebration assembly will be at 9am on Friday 21st July in the main hall.
The process of applying for Free School Meals at Rednal Hill Junior School is clear and straightforward and may be done online or via Mrs Billingsley in the School Office. Parents/Carers need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (from the National Asylum Support Service)
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals are available at Rednal Hill Juniors to pupils whose parent/guardian successfully completes the online application, using the above link.
If you are having difficulty completing your application, please speak with a member of staff in the School Office.
Latest Newsround stories
- Strictly Come Dancing Final: Everything you need to know
It's the final of Strictly Come Dancing 2017 tonight - here's what you need to know about who's in i…
- It's birthday time - polar bear style!
Ever wondered what it's like for a polar bear on its birthday? Well, look no further...
- Animal Magic: 2017 Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards
There are some seriously funny animal photos in this year's Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards compe…
- Christmas TV 2017: Best shows to watch
Ricky and Martin run through the top TV shows to look out for this Christmas.
- Youthquake: Word of the Year 2017
The Oxford Dictionaries announce their Word of the Year 2017