The Card System (Good to be Green)
- The Card System is a visual tool to help pupils understand what behaviour is expected of them in school.
- The Card System has coloured cards (green, yellow, red and gold).
- The norms of the classroom are displayed near the Card System. Pupils are taught that keeping the norms will ensure that they stay on a green card (which is good!). However, an adult may decide that they have been spotted doing so well with their learning that they are awarded a gold card
- If a pupil fails to uphold the class norms adults in the class will follow the behaviour flowchart and may result in a yellow or red card. The pupil is encouraged to make the right choice. Choosing to change back to appropriate behaviour will mean that they return to a green card zone.
- Very occasionally pupils will still choose to ignore warnings and card changes. This will escalate the incident to the next level.
- Being given a red card leads to a consequence. (Please refer to details below)
- Rewards will be given on a daily, weekly and half termly basis linked to the system.
- Pupils return to green at the start of each new day
For full details please use this link