Rednal Hill Junior School
Senior Office Manager - Full Time
36.5 hours per week, banked hours, 8am start
Grade 4 - £26,999-£33,799
State date: July 1st 2020 or as soon as possible
The Governing Body wish to appoint a motivated, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and confident person to join our team as a Senior Office Manager. The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach to their work and be able to communicate effectively with staff, governors, pupils, parents and visitors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the efficient and effective running of the school office. The role is busy and varied and includes:
- HR - managing HR processes for new starters, leavers and volunteers. Monitoring staff absence and organising supply cover
- Finance – processing purchase orders, deliveries and invoices on SIMS FMS. Making and reconciling purchases using our virtual card.
- Safeguarding – maintaining the single central record
- Reception duties – greeting visitors, taking phone calls and dealing with parents and pupils who come to the office
- Administration – maintaining pupil information on SIMS, completing termly pupil census etc
- Line management of two other members of office staff.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Are experienced working within a school office and managing staff
- Are highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure in a varied role
- Are able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Are able to communicate effectively with staff, pupils and parents
- Have excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills ideally with experience of SIMS, SIMS FMS and HR Portal
If you are interested in working in an exciting, forward thinking school, with a real focus on ‘improving learning’, then we would like to hear from you. In return we offer you a friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated staff team, hardworking children, supportive parents and governors.
Closing Date: Friday 29th May
Interviews will be held w/c 1st June
Application forms, job description and person spec can be downloaded from our website www.rednalhilljuniors.com/vacancies
Alternatively you can contact Maureen Doyle: email email@example.com.
As school is currently closed to outsiders, if you would like to talk more about the position please can you e-mail Mrs. Doyle and she will arrange a call back. This will allow you an opportunity to gain an insight into the school and role.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check and ‘Rights to Work in the UK’ check, amongst other employment checks. Please note, if you have not been contacted within 7 days of the closing date, you may assume that you have not been selected for an interview on this occasion.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for this role.