Welcome to Our School!
Rednal Hill Junior School comes under the umbrella of Birmingham local authority. It is situated on the south western border of the city close to the Lickey Hills at Longbridge. The area has a strong history with car manufacture although much of the original site has now been developed with a new technology park, housing and amenities.
The school was built in 1952 and has three forms of entry from Year 3 to Year 6. It offers full wrap-around care from 7.30am until 6 pm each day. The building provides access to the full range of curriculum needs and has its own purpose built dining and refreshment area. Good use is made of spacious grounds which provide ample scope for sport and recreation. Included in the grounds are a vegetable garden with woodland walk, pond and science area.
If you require a paper copy of any of the information on our school website please see the school office.
Race for Life
Staff at school (The Rednal Ravers) are running in the "Race for Life" on Sunday the 10th of June at Arrow Valley in Redditch. It's a fantastic event and and an extremely worthy cause! If you'd like to sponsor any of our ladies, please use the link below.
Your support is much appreciated!
The process of applying for Free School Meals at Rednal Hill Junior School is clear and straightforward and may be done online or via Mrs Billingsley in the School Office. Parents/Carers need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (from the National Asylum Support Service)
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals are available at Rednal Hill Juniors to pupils whose parent/guardian successfully completes the online application, using the above link.
If you are having difficulty completing your application, please speak with a member of staff in the School Office.
Latest Newsround stories
- FA Cup 2018: Chelsea celebrate winning the trophy for eighth time
Chelsea beat Manchester United 1-0 at Wembley, leaving Jose Mourinho's team empty-handed this season…
- CHAT: Did you watch the royal wedding? What was your favourite bit?
Get in touch to tell us how you celebrated the royal wedding and what your favourite part of the big…
- The runners taking on the Great Wall of China marathon
5,164 steps and counting - this is the The Great Wall Marathon, one of the world's toughest races...
- The baby elephant that kept everyone waiting
Zookeepers had a long wait for this little elephant calf at Chester Zoo but he was well worth it...
- US news team covering royal wedding...from hotel toilet!
For a news reporter working out of the office isn't always glamorous!