Welcome to Our School!
Rednal Hill Junior School comes under the umbrella of Birmingham local authority. It is situated on the south western border of the city close to the Lickey Hills at Longbridge. The area has a strong history with car manufacture although much of the original site has now been developed with a new technology park, housing and amenities.
The school was built in 1952 and has three forms of entry from Year 3 to Year 6. It offers full wrap-around care from 7.30am until 6 pm each day. The building provides access to the full range of curriculum needs and has its own purpose built dining and refreshment area. Good use is made of spacious grounds which provide ample scope for sport and recreation. Included in the grounds are a vegetable garden with woodland walk, pond and science area.
If you require a paper copy of any of the information on our school website please see the school office.
Race for Life
Staff at school (The Rednal Ravers) are running in the "Race for Life" on Sunday the 10th of June at Arrow Valley in Redditch. It's a fantastic event and and an extremely worthy cause! If you'd like to sponsor any of our ladies, please use the link below.
Your support is much appreciated!
The process of applying for Free School Meals at Rednal Hill Junior School is clear and straightforward and may be done online or via Mrs Billingsley in the School Office. Parents/Carers need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (from the National Asylum Support Service)
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals are available at Rednal Hill Juniors to pupils whose parent/guardian successfully completes the online application, using the above link.
If you are having difficulty completing your application, please speak with a member of staff in the School Office.
Latest Newsround stories
- Royal Wedding 2018: What is a coat of arms?
Meghan Markle, the new Duchess of Sussex, has been given a coat of arms - but what is it and how do…
- Fans wish Liverpool good luck ahead of the Champions League Final in Kiev on Saturday
We spoke to some fantastic Liverpool fans who wanted to share their good luck messages for their fav…
- World Cup 2018: What treats are there for the fans?
A sweet shop in Poland is preparing special treats for the thousands of World Cup fans expected to v…
- Solo: A Star Wars Story cast answer your questions
A young Han Solo and Chewbacca are back in new movie Solo: A Star Wars Story. Ayshah has been to mee…
- Champions League: What is the stadium like?
Get a peek inside the stadium that will play host to Real Madrid and Liverpool on Saturday!