Weekly Focused Assemblies 2023-2024
In this week’s assembly, we loved welcoming back the children to school after their Christmas break. We talked about how a New Year gives us an opportunity to be the very best versions of ourselves and that it is an ideal time to set targets and goals.
What is a new year resolution?
- It is when you set yourself a goal or a target for you to achieve
- A new start is a fresh start! An opportunity to be the best version of ourselves! It’s a chance to set new goals and targets.
- It’s an opportunity to take new steps.
- No goal is too big or too small! Achieving a goal fills us with pride and a sense of achievement.
- What will you work on this year to be the very best version of you?
We talked about having a growth mindset is really important when aiming for a goal.
We also spoke about how setting new goals does not mean that we have to pretend to be someone different. We should celebrate who we are and the fact that we are all different. Setting goals just allows us to be better versions of ourselves.
We talked about how this aligned with our school values:
We then shared a book called ‘Out of the Blue’ by Robert Tregoning. This book was all about a boy that lived in a world where everything was blue – but he loved yellow and was too scared to say! Eventually he believed in himself, grew in confidence and was true to who is was.
Lastly, we discussed how our assembly fits in with the fundamental British values and protected characteristics.
During the assembly we listened to Cyndi Lauper – ‘True Colours’
Take a listen here: