ECT/TPS Teacher Required
Salary Range: ECT (TMS 1/2) or TPS
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Rednal Hill Junior School, Irwin Av, Rednal, Birmingham, B45 8QY
Telephone Number: 0121 453 2520 or E-mail: Gemma Hall (Senior Office Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time - from 1st September 2023
The Governing Body wish to appoint an inspirational and creative teacher/early career teacher to play a crucial role in providing the pupils at Rednal Hill Junior School with an exciting and ambitious education. We are a school committed to providing children with the very best start in life and are fortunate to work with children who are enthused and keen to learn. The school has been on an upward journey over the last few years, and we are keenly focused on our drive to become good and better.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the improvement of learning at Rednal Hill Junior School.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- have an up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum and a passion to innovate and excite children in their learning
- have excellent organisation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- are committed to the principles of inclusion
- have high expectations of behaviour
If you are interested in working in an exciting, forward-thinking school, with a real focus on ‘improving learning’ and school development/improvement, then we would like to hear from you.
In return we offer you:
- a dedicated mentor team who are well versed in nurturing and mentoring ECTs. (Mentors include:
- Maths Mastery Specialist support that includes expert advice and training opportunities provided by the Central Maths Hub
- LA Writing Moderator - skilled Local Authority writing moderator that will provide expert advice on teaching children how to write
- Highly experienced English Lead with current and up to date knowledge around teaching early reading
- Dedicated joint PPA time with your year group
- A friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated staff team, hardworking children, supportive parents, and governors
- opportunities for extensive CPD and career progression
Closing Date: 12pm Friday 21st April
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th April 2023
For further details, visits and application forms please contact Gemma Hall (Senior Office Manager) on 0121 453 2520 or email@example.com
Rednal Hill Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Learning Support Assistant: GR3
22 hours per week, term time only, fixed term (linked to a pupil in Y3)
Rednal Hill Junior School is a friendly, inclusive and welcoming three-form entry junior school, which is passionate about providing the best possible learning for all its children.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced Learning Support Assistant with a relevant childcare qualification (minimum level 3) and experience of working with primary age children (ideally EYFS/KS1). Experience of working with SEND children and children with speech and language issues is essential.
You will be predominantly working 1:1 to support a delightful Year 3 child with an EHCP who is working at an EYFS/KS1 level and who needs support with their learning, communication and interaction (there are no SEMH/behaviour needs). You will have a holistic and nurturing approach to supporting learning across the curriculum. You will be able to communicate effectively with children and colleagues, and use your own initiative to adapt learning to meet the child’s needs and the requirements of their EHCP.
- Work closely and under the direction of the Class Teacher/SENDCo/SEND TA, to support with the delivery of appropriately adapted learning for your key child, in order to deliver the provision stated on the child’s EHCP
- Provide pre-tutoring of new vocabulary to support understanding before each lesson
- Ongoing assessment of the child’s progress towards targets and ability to decide on next steps in learning
- Plan and deliver bespoke, evidence-based interventions e.g. precision teaching, direct phonics, cued spelling, speech and language and basic maths skills
- Have a creative approach to learning, and the ability to use a variety of strategies and multi-sensory opportunities
- Support your key pupil during cross-curricular activities and school trips, to enable them to enjoy access to a full curriculum.
Experience of intervention such as Friends for Life, Active Listening for Active Learning, Zones of Regulation, The Incredible Five Point Scale and Mackay’s Homunculi Approach to Emotional and Social Development would be desirable; alternatively, there will be opportunities to access training in these areas.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in a child’s life. If you have a passion for helping children overcome barriers to learning and achieve their potential then we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school by prior arrangement are both welcomed and encouraged.
Days offered for visits: Thursday 16th March and Tuesday 21st March
Please contact the school to arrange an appointment or an informal chat with the SENDCo, Rachael Hughes.
Closing Date: Friday 24th March 2023
Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 28th March 2023
For further details, application forms and visits to the school please contact Ms. G. Hall on 0121 453 2520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org