Please find below the report from our OFSTED monitoring inspection that took place on the 2nd March 2021.
‘Leaders and those responsible for governance are taking effective action to provide education in the current circumstances.’
The Ofsted grade is welcomed by the school and we feel it recognises all of the hard work undertaken since the last inspection. Despite the issues, complexities and worries associated with the pandemic, we are very proud of our achievements and how far the school has come. The inspection team found many positive features of the school and were complimentary in terms of the direction that we are heading. The report states the following:
- “Despite the considerable challenge of the last year, leaders and governors remain committed to improving the quality of education for pupils. “
- “Governors are skilled and know the school well. They keep a close eye on school development despite the challenges of COVID-19.”
- “The remote learning offer for pupils is impressive.”
- “In September 2019 you launched a new curriculum. Your plans for this revised curriculum more fully prioritise the knowledge that pupils should learn in each of the national curriculum subjects.”
- “You have made particularly strong headway in English, mathematics and science.”
- “You understand the needs of your SEND pupils well.”
The key areas for development, identified in the Ofsted report, are all key areas from our school development plan and we are already working on these targets as part of our natural school improvement process.
Parents can rest assured that staff and governors, to paraphrase the OFSTED report, will be: “unwavering in our determination to secure a quality standard of education for pupils at Rednal Hill Junior School”.
Mr. R. Jones